Wednesday, December 5, 2007

First Joint Meeting Minutes

MEETING AGENDA
1. Amendment, acceptance and adoption of previous Minutes of Meeting (Not applicable)
2. Presentation of Action Items as agreed at the previous Minutes of Meeting (Not applicable)
3. Matters Arising
3.1 Security Issues at Desa Putra Condominium
3.2 Cleanliness and Landscaping
3.3 Any Other Business

Agenda topics: 3.1.1 – Building Security Audit
Discussion
Gerrard informed the Meeting that Landserve was appointed by MSL Properties to manage Desa Putra effectively from 1st November 2007. Prior to taking the handover, Landserve conducted preliminary building security audit, the findings and recommendations were documented and passed to the committee members at the meeting (attached PDF copies).
Abu Bakar walked through the “Assessment of Security and Safety Situation at Desa Putra Condo” in regards to Standard/Expectation, Observation/Assessment, Follow-up Action, Priority/Timing to Meeting, hard copies were also distributed to the meeting (attached PDF copies).
Conclusions
Landserve would further discuss with MSL Properties to finalize and formulate action plan to address the issues highlighted in the said Assessment whereby incorporating recommendations derived from the said audit report.
Action Items = To present the action plan
Responsible Parties = Landserve & MSL Properties
Deadline = Next Meeting (15th December 2007)

Agenda topics: 3.1.2 – CCTV Camera
Discussion
Gerrard informed the Meeting that there would be CCTV cameras testing, commissioning and training on the next day. If the Developer was satisfied with these activities, the CCTV cameras and systems would be handed over to Landserve. The topic was extended to the following discussions:-
How the level of satisfaction was defined.
What were the deciding criteria for which areas to be under the coverage of CCTV surveillance.
Coverage from the camera-angles.
Resolution and Zooming-capability – was it sufficient to capture and identify the subject, such as face, car number plate and so on.
How many cameras currently installed and in-used, and how many more would we need.
How long is the retention period of the VDO captured by CCTV cameras.
Gerrad advised the Meeting that the Developer intended to add 9 more cameras, 3 nos. at the swimming pool and 6 nos. at areas to be decided. There was a concern on the issue of cameras installed at swimming pool areas would infringe privacy of the users. Gerrard made a comment that it is common to install cameras at the swimming pool area to discourage vandalism, misbehaviors and to record any incidents/happenings that require investigations.
Conclusions
MSL Properties would expedite the above activities so that the subjects could be handed over to Landserve within a one-week timeframe for immediate implementation.
MSL Properties would also provide the specifications of the CCTV cameras together with soft/hardware as well as some rationales on what basis the said specifications would be suitable for Desa Putra condo usage.
Action Items = To expedite the testing, commissioning, training and handing over the CCTV surveillance system to Landserve.
Responsible Parties = MSL Properties
Deadline = One week from 20th November 2007

Agenda topics: 3.1.3 – Access Cards (car-park and building access)
Discussion
Yip informed the Meeting that Access Card testing and commissioning would take place on Thursday 22nd November and would take a week to complete (1st week). Activation would be carried out a week later (2nd week). The handover to Landserve was scheduled within week three (3rd week).
Gerrard informed the Meeting that the communication to residents for card collection would be through letters delivered to each unit (not via mail box). To accommodate the collection, the Management Office will be open one Saturday afternoon or on Sunday.
One unit will be given 3 cards (1 for car-park and 2 for building access). For owners who have bought additional car-park bay/s, an additional car park access card will be given accordingly to the number of car park lots purchased.
The committee highlighted to Landserve and MSL Property that there was one door missing – the photo was also present to.
Conclusions
MSL Properties and Landserve agreed to the following commitments described in Action Items:
Action Items = To expedite the testing, commissioning, and activation of the access card system and handover to Landserve
Responsible Parties = MSL Properties & Lanadserve
Deadline = Three week from 20th November 2007,

Action Items = To inform the residents to collect the cards via letter.
Responsible Parties = Landserve
Deadline = Not later than 15th December 2007

Action Items = To ensure all fire exit doors are operational - i.e locking mechanism, opening outward only
Responsible Parties = Landserve
Deadline = Not later than 15th December 2007

Action Items = To employ a system to alert the security guards if any fire exit door is left open.
Responsible Items = Landserve
Deadline = Not later than 15th December 2007

Agenda topics: 3.1.4 – Lighting at vulnerable areas
Discussion
The committee highlighted to Landserve and MSL Properties that there were certain areas vulnerable i.e ideal place for fugitive hiding, intruding, etc. The committee requested those areas be fenced up and fixed with appropriate lightings.
Conclusions
MSL Properties and Landserve would conduct inspection to identify those areas and come up with recommendations and a plan to achieve accordingly.
Action Items = To formulate recommendation plan in addressing the said issues.
Responsible Parties = MSL Properties & Lanadserve
Deadline = Next meeting (15th December 2007)

Agenda topics: 3.1.5 – Telephone line and Intercom
Discussion
The committee raised an issue on communication barrier with the security guards when residents were in need of help especially at night.
Conclusions
In the absence or mal-function of Intercom, telephone lines would be an option.
Action Items = To install 3 telephone lines, 1 line dedicated to call the guard, the rest 2 for calling the Management. To conduct Intercom Testing Exercise quarterly.
Responsible Parties = MSL Properties & Landserve
Deadline = Next meeting (15th December 2007)

Agenda topics: 3.1.6 – Security guards
Discussion
The meeting realized the problem of under-manning of guard personnel and their qualifications in terms of reacting to situations and the communication channel to senior personnel in the course of an emergency or any incidents.
The committee also made a request to Gerrard to provide a designated senior personnel/officer at night (after working hour).
Conclusions
Landserve agreed to provide Standard Operations Procedures (SOP) and scope of work of the guards. Gerrard ensured the meeting that guards assigned will not be allowed to work for more than 12+4 hours consecutively.
Gerrard informed the meeting that the company policy is not to have an in-house person after working hour and Lokman is the person on call. The meeting agreed to this practice for the time being, but subject to review at the next meeting based on feedback from residents on the effectiveness of this policy.
Action Items
1. To provide SOP and Scope of Work of security guard and an on-call-person (Night duty).
2. To increase guards & Senior guards.
3. To provide Walkie-Talkies to guards
4. To review the policy of personal on call after working hour
Responsible Parties = Landserve
Deadline
1. Next meeting (15th December 2007)
2. End of November
3. Not later than 23rd November 2007
4. Next meeting

Agenda topics: 3.2.1 – Cleanliness and Landscaping
Discussion
Since we did not have much time for this issue, Lilian passed the report on the findings and recommendations to the cleaning company. Robinson also passed a letter of the similar requirement to Landserve and MSL properties at the meeting (attached PDF copies).
The current timing for the removal of garbage from the respective floors in the morning are causing inconvenience for working residents as the availability of lifts are greatly reduced and the odor of garbage is overpowering.
Conclusions
The cleaning company will analyze the report and come up with the plan.
Action Items
1. To advise the cleaner to change the timing for garbage removal starting from 10:00 AM.
2. To provide SOP.
Responsible Parties = Seri Perak Supply & Service S/B
Deadline
1. Immediate
2. Next meeting

Agenda topics: 3.2.2 – Land plots at the entrance
Discussion
The workers’ cabin area and the garbage dump site at the entrance of Desa Putra is an eye-sore.
Conclusions
The above site to be cleared up, cleaned and barricaded to prevent further garbage dumping and any illegal activities.
Action Items = To remove all the above and to barricade the two areas
Responsible Parties = MSL Properties
Deadline = 3-4 week from 20th November 2007

Agenda topics: 3.3.3 – Surau
Discussion
The Multipurpose Hall at Block B is currently used as a surau as there is no proper surau designated for the condominium.
Conclusions
Landserve as appointed by the Developer must enforce that the multipurpose hall be used in compliance to the “house rules” not otherwise. However, as an interim measure, the Developer (the sole authority before formation of Joint Management Body) decided to use the multipurpose hall at Block A as a surau. Nevertheless the designated permanent surau is still subject to a decision to be made by the majority of purchaser/ owners (not residents).
Action Items = To convert the multipurpose hall at the ground floor of Block A (Carcosa) to a Surau.
Responsible Parties = MSL Properties
Deadline = End of November 2007

Agenda topics: 3.3.4 – Desa Putra Budget
Discussion
Gerrard informed the meeting that Landserve had not received the handover of the budget from the Developer.
Conclusions
MSL would finalize the budget and handover to Landserve.
Action Items = To finalize the budget and handover to Landserve
Responsible Parties = MSL Properties
Deadline = End of November 2007

Agenda topics: 3.3.5 – Formation of Joint Management Body (JMB)
Discussion
The meeting had 2 different interpretations on whether the deadline to form the JMB is within 12 months or 15 months.
Conclusions
Gerrard confirmed to the meeting that it was between 12 to 15 months.
Action Items = Gerrard will take necessary action to form the JMB.
Responsible Parties = Landserve
Deadline = End of March 2008 (as the latest)

Agenda topics: 3.3.6 – Any Other Business (AOB)
Discussion
Due to insufficient time to further discuss on other issues, the following are for Landserve and MSL Properties to take proactive thinking and advise the committee.
Plan to handle security and safety once the LRT is open.
Had pest control and/or termite treatment been done during the construction, if not what is the plan?
Plan to implement Monthly Pest Control (Fogging and Spraying)
SOP to escort the contractor (renovation).
To review and improve current House Rules
Daily checking of mechanism to ensure a smooth supply of electricity and water
Resolve tax issue in the water bill.
Conduct whole building audit.
Fire detector.
Emergency evacuation exercise.
Café, Mini market, laundry.
Inspection of current landscaping, to implement constant check and improve service
Building fire insurance – to be renewed on Feb 08.
Conclusions
To action the above as soon as possible.
Action Items = To come up with initial proposals to address the above.
Responsible Parties = MSL Properties & Landserve
Deadline = Next meeting (15th December 2007)

Next Meeting
Although the date for the next meeting was not fixed, it is generally agreed and accepted that this joint-meeting will be held once a month. However in the case of any emergency issues arising, that require immediate discussion and action, a special meeting will be called. Therefore the next meeting is scheduled for Saturday 15th December 2007 at 1030hours @ the multipurpose hall, Block B, Desa Putra Condominium.

1 comment:

Kuldip Vyas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.